Wednesday, June 10, 2009

10 weeks

Ace is 10 weeks old now. We managed to get a couple of action shots. While I was chasing (Mom was the photographer) there was a moment when he collected up and "paraded" a bit, and in my mind's eye I could see what he would move like as a 3-4 yr old under saddle.



I take my hat off to anyone who can get an exceptional foal photo. They move so darn quick, and have the attention span of a gnat. Of course, it would help if I were to actually groom him.



This is the only grooming we do. Scratch his neck or withers, and he goes through the wildest facial contortions, and snakes his long neck around. See that dab of white in the corner of his mouth? We had just wormed him again. That was just after he kicked my Mom in the knee cap, and bit me in the shoulder. My response? "Boy do I have a treat for you! My little Monster." He was mad because the wormer paste made all the grass taste icky.


1 comment:

Leah said...

gosh he's getting huge! And what a cutie! Love the action shot- good job!