Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Washed Waxed and Ready to Go

Copy's due date is tomorrow, and this morning we have wax. Mom is betting on tonight and has notified the vets.
I'll go and give her a good grooming today and we will see how she is progressing.

P.S. Thank heavens I've never had my own children. I'm already nervous.
Will everything go OK? Will the foal be healthy? Will we manage to raise it as a good citizen to adulthood through all it's formative years? Training it to stop for fences, lead and tie, stand for the farrier load and haul quietly....
Well, we have two full grown happy well adjusted horses standing in the barn to prove all can go well. And they are just the two latest examples of our many foals who turned out just fine. I remember the first foaling I watched. I was about 11 or 12 and it was my Mom's Quarter Horse mare. That foal was "Noble" the first horse I ever trained to ride. He went on to win many many blue ribbons, and that was so long ago he has since lived a productive life and died peacefully from old age. Obviously, this stuff doesn't get easier with practice!

No comments: