Monday, March 23, 2009

Baby Watch Begins

Copy has bagged up and could be mere days away from foaling... or this could stretch on indefinitely. You just never know. I can say she is as anxious to get this baby out as we are. The foal has repositioned so the legs are no longer on her right flank, but appear to be where the currently belong ~ underneath. Now when the foal moves, the whole packaged goes "boingggg" or more accurately "bonnngggg" causing Copy to grunt and brace.
We had a spa day on Saturday. I cleaned her up and gave her a trim partly in anticipation of her upcoming photo ops, and partly because I suspect that the foal will interrupt our grooming routine.
The foaling kit is mostly assembled. I've checked the stall from foal height to make sure there is nothing obvious to get hurt on. Mom has begun to bed her with straw. Daily hand walking has solved the edema problem. I think we're good to go.

No comments: